Please join us for our next meeting on:
Wednesday, November 8th @5:00 PM
The meeting will be held in the school library, WAMS Second Floor.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
We are looking forward to kicking off a great new year!Thank for for visiting the WAMS PTO Website!The purpose of the Williamsport Area Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (WAMS PTO) is- to promote and enrich the education, welfare, and cultural awareness of the Williamsport Area Middle School (WAMS)students through educational programs and volunteer resources;
- to provide a social community for the student body and their families by promoting and organizing school activities;
- to promote open communication, cooperation and positive rapport among teachers, parents, the school district, and the community;
- to act as a non-profit fundraising body providing financial support in those areas where additional assistance is needed to improve the quality of education for WAMS students; and,
- to offer supportive services which enhance the Middle School experience.WAMS PTO needs you!!!
Our Annual Membership Drive is underway, and we want to rally all WAMS Parents to stand behind our students and teachers and make this the best year ever!
There are so many awesome things that we can do together, and we are excited about the opportunities that this year holds…What does involvement in the WAMS-PTO look like?
The PTO is a dynamic group dedicated to strengthening our students’ education by working together with parents, teachers, and administration.
WAMS PTO members have the opportunity to:
- support classroom & WASD educational initiatives
- assist with play productions
- participate in fundraising activities for field trips and other events
- chaperone student activities or dances
- volunteer in the library
- lend a helping hand at student receptions or other special occasions
- Fun Nights
- Serving as a PTO officer/chair is a great way to be involved
How does the WAMS-PTO help our students?the WAMS PTO raises money from membership and various fundraising activities to help pay for things such as:
How do I become a part of the WAMS-PTO?
- Providing contributions toward the Schoolwide Positive Behavior Program
- Fun Student Activities, such as our Cherry & White Tailgate Party & 8th Grade Celebration
- Student Scholarship Awards
- Field Trips & Transportation Expenses for various Student Activities
- Special Assistance as needed for families in need
- Staff Appreciation
Annual Membership dues are $5.00. Our annual membership drive is going on now, but Membership is open any time during the school year with membership expiring at the end of that school year! To download a membership form, click here or go to left menu and click on forms, select membership, print, fill out, enclose cash or check payable to WAMS PTO and send into school with your student.